Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Selling at Market


I headed back to the farm for the weekend to help sell at the market.  I spent the entire summer raising 100 broilers and now it was time to sell the 400 lbs of chicken at the farmers market.  We decided to sell the chickens in cut up sections since no other farmer at the market sold chicken this way.  Many people were surprised that we now offered chicken cuts because we were know as the "beef people"  Overall it was an exciting weekend.  People at the market talked to me about my internship and college and what my future plans were after graduating.   We had gotten back feedback from one person so far and they loved the chicken, and they are looking forward to trying other cuts.



The egg layers
My first chicken sale



400 lbs of chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment